Skip to content
How to prepare walls for wall cladding or tilesSuzerain Moulds2020-09-11T10:28:30+02:00
Preparing your Walls for Wall Cladding or Tiling
- Clean the wall and remove any loose material.
- If already painted, chip every 5cm in both directions.
- Use a notched trowel to apply tile adhesive to the wall and affix stones to the wall.
- A plank levelled and nailed to the wall about 50mm above ground or floor level assists in this by giving a base on which to place the stones.
- Care must be taken not to have excessive tile adhesive as this will spoil the front face.
- Clean immediately should this happen using a damp rag or paint brush.
- Special bonding liquid can be used in wet areas such as bathrooms.
- A stone sealer can also be used. (follow manufacturer’s directions in all cases).