How to Lay Concrete Pavers
- Prepare the surface where the pavers are to be laid by levelling and compacting, taking into account gradients and direction for stormwater. Final levelling can be done with river sand.
- A vibratory compactor for high load areas, eg driveways is recommended.
- Plastic or special paving underlay sheeting can be used before laying the stones – ensure that the pavers bed evenly and that they don’t rock under foot.
- Wet grouting of the joints is recommended using a 1:4 mix (cement/sand) or just river sand in the case of a garden area.
- If laying on an existing concrete slab, lay stones on a cement/sand screed (see directions on a cement pocket).
We include the video below to help you.
For some inspirational paving designs please see our Pinterest board below: